Saturday 22 October 2011

A Big Lost

One summer day in 2010, I got this exciting news! A friend was going to give me her kitten. I was so excited and couldn't wait for the day she gave me. She owned the mother cat who had delivered four cute kittens. She gave the three kittens to her friends, including me! She showed me my future kitten. He was the most gorgeous little creature I had ever seen. He looked like a furry gray ball.
August 2010

I spontaneously named him "Tomtom". He reminded me to "Tom" from "Tom and Jerry".
Finally, the big day came. I picked him up and took him to my parents' house in a big box. He tried to escape from the box. He was so restless. I always knew that he was going to be a great cat.
September 2010



When we arrived, I introduced him to my family . . . Amazingly, both of my parents, who hated cats, seemed to like him. Soon after that, they became good friends. They cared about Tomtom very much.
Days went by . . . I got married and had to leave my parents' house. We took Tomtom with us to our new house. He seemed to like his new home. He got a new hobby, too: playing catch! When we threw him a ball made of plastic bag, he would try to catch it and give it back to us. He was sooooo cute! The other thing he liked was feet! He couldn't stand seeing my feet and always liked to do feet fight with his head. The last thing I couldn't forget was the time I got home from work. He always ran to the window and sat there waiting for me to go in. Then after that, he would follow me wherever I went.
The sad news came. I hadn't gotten pregnant. I checked my blood and there was something wrong in it. My doctor told me to stay away from Tomtom. He couldn't stay in the house. Therefore, I decided to put him back to my parents' house. He escaped several times although we were always able to find him, but my parents were too worried about him and asked me to take him back. I finally took him back. Not long after that, my parents in law asked me to take Tomtom to their house. They wanted him to stay there with them. I was quite glad to hear that, but at the same time quite hard to let him go.
The sad day came. I got to let Tomtom stay with my parents in law in the other town. I didn't know why I felt that sad. Perhaps because it was going to be the first time I was away from him. What I know now, it was the last time I saw him.
Yeah . . .
Six days after we left him there, he escaped. I don't know why he did that, but . . . it was what happened. I always regret my decision, but I can never turn back time. I won't stop looking for him and pray that he's always good without me.
Sleeping Handsome

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Good news,
    tom-toms have found, though in poor condition, but his condition gradually returned to normal

    ReplyDelete